Table of Contents
A range of innovative new Apple accessories have launched this year and I’ve been able to put over 40 of them through their paces. From products for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more, here are my 8 favorite Apple accessories from 2022.
Everything on the list below I’ve personally tested and found to be consistently useful and durable – particularly after the novelty of a new accessory has worn off.
My 8 favorite Apple accessories of 2022
Even with fantastic products, I usually have a few constructive pieces of criticism but that’s not the case here. After a year of use, I still can’t think of any way to improve the 3-in-1 travel charger, mophie really knocked it out of the park.
It seamlessly charges up iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods with official MagSafe 15W power for iPhone. It’s got a premium, portable design, thoughtful travel case, and everything you need is included – looking at you Apple MagSafe Duo – making it the quintessential travel charger for Apple users.
Check out my full review for more details.
With a slick design offering great form and function, I think the Moft Flash will be a hit for almost anyone who likes using a MagSafe wallet with iPhone. It’s become my favorite with a smart blend of form and function.
- Super slim bi-fold design
- MagSafe connectivity with built-in stand
- Easy access to cards or to show ID/use NFC
- Durability has been good over the three months I’ve been using this
- Great price at $34.99
Read all about Moft Flash in my full review.
This has become my favorite at-home charger for my iPhone and Apple Watch. I kind of think of it as a beautiful, compact sculpture that happens to power up your iPhone and Apple Watch. It looks great in any space you put it.
- Official MFi-certified MagSafe with 15W fast wireless charging for iPhone
- Integrated Apple Watch charger
- All metal and glass design
- Powered via USB-C (6.6 ft nylon braided cable included)
- Super solid build weighing in at 1.98 pounds (900 grams)
- Priced at $149.99
The one downside here is you need to provide or buy your own 30W power adapter. But if you’re looking for a premium MagSafe charger for your home, this is it.
You can pick up the Nomad Base One Max direct from Nomad in three available colors.
Read more in my full review.
Twelve South launched another great product at the end of the year, expanding its HoverBar lineup. The new HoverBar Tower comes with a sturdy base so you can float your iPad safely almost anywhere at whatever angle you need.
- Delivers hands-free use for iPad mini up to the 12.9″ iPad Pro (iPhones too)
- Lets you achieve almost any angle
- Solid build quality with secure grip for iPad
- Priced at $129.95
Here’s my full review for more details and pictures.
Moft’s design here is the most clever I’ve seen for an iPad folio offering up multiple stand options. The most interesting is an elevated stand mode that pops up your iPad almost 4″ high.
- Four iPad stands in a super lightweight folio
- Soft and durable vegan leather finish
- Valuable for travel or at home/office
- Priced at $39.99 (iPad mini) $59.99 (iPad Pro 11″ and iPad Air), $69.99 (iPad Pro 12.9″)
Whether you need just a little extra storage with a smaller capacity or the max 1TB JetDrive, this MacBook Pro flush SD card is a super handy accessory.
From the super convenient form factor to dust, water, and shock resistance, plus a generous 5-year warranty, it’s easy to recommend the JetDrive Lite 330 as long as you’re fine with the 75-95 MB/s speeds.
- Half-size SD card fits perfectly flush in MacBook Pro
- Capacities from 128GB to 1TB
- Dust, water, and shock-resistant
- 95 MB/s write and 75 MB/s read speeds
- 5-year warranty
- Price: Usually $38-$190
Check out more in my full review.
Insta360 made the jump into webcams this year and the Link 4K is an impressive piece of hardware. If you want a dedicated hi-res webcam packed with useful features that goes beyond what iPhone can do with Continuity Camera in macOS Ventura, Link is worth the price.
- Super-sharp 4K resolution
- 3-axis gimbal
- Superior AI auto-tracking
- Portrait, DeskView, Overhead, and Whiteboard modes
- Fine-grain image and camera control
- Compact design with handy clip or thread option to mount
- A step above Apple’s Continuity Camera
- USB-C connectivity
- Price: Usually from $299
Here’s my full review for an in-depth look.
Nomad’s simple and smart design here is such a delight with the hand feel and the added AirTag support.
If you’ve got an Apple TV with the 2nd gen Siri Remote, I can’t recommend the Leather Cover more highly. Being something you use frequently, the Leather Cover offers a 10/10 experience when you’re using it daily and makes it easy to find when you – or someone else – have lost it.
You can pick up the Leather Cover direct from Nomad and check out more thoughts from me on it in my full review.
Favorite Apple accessories – What do you think?
Have you been using one of the accessories above? Or have something you love that wasn’t on the list? Share your thoughts in the comments ?.
Thanks for checking out my favorite Apple accessories!