Each season clothing trends change. Styles change, the must have colors change, and it’s enough to make your head spin. What is the well dressed person who doesn’t have an unlimited clothing budget to do? The smart women, make women’s clothing choices that give them plenty of options to mix and match, with just a one or two trendy pieces thrown in. The classics never go out of style, so this is where to spend the money. The following are some tips to help anyone build up their wardrobe.
- A couple of comfortable pair of jeans is a must have for any closet. They are perfect for weekend wear, and casual outings.
- Khakis are also perfect for casual wear, at those times when jeans are too casual.
- A skirt in a neutral color, so you can pair it with any top.
- A dress, for those occasions that call for it.
- A couple of pairs of shorts for warm days.
- A couple of T-shirts in various colors to pair with jeans, or shorts.
- A couple of polo shirts in different colors.
- A comfy sweater for chilly days.
- A trendy top that you just love. Even if it goes out of style quickly, you’ll feel great when you’re wearing it.
- A cardigan or two. These can be layered over a polo or T-shirts for a completely different look.
- A couple of blouses that appeal to your sense of style.
Unless shoes are bought for a special occasion, stick with neutral colors. If you’re sick of black and white, get a navy pair. Many don’t realize that navy is actually considered a neutral as it goes well with anything. The heel height is up to the individual, however, it’s always a good idea to have at least one pair of flats, and one pair of heels. Keep in mind that heels don’t have to be high.
Don’t skip jewelry, it can dress up any outfit, and gives outfits a pulled together, finished look. You don’t have to spend a lot, costume jewelry is inexpensive, and looks wonderful.
There you have it, all the components that you need for a basic wardrobe. As the budget allows, additional items can be added. Each season, treat yourself to one trendy item, that you simply adore.